Essential oils have long been used for skin and body care, but did you know they can also be used to get a number of medicinal benefits such as using lavender and chamomile on your pillow for a better night’s rest?
Essential Oils for Pains, Sleep, Digestion and More
In her article Valli Sarvani gives a list of 25 medicinal uses for essential oils and the surprising cures.
- Mix one part basil oil and cinnamon oil to four parts almond oil. Massage this oil on aching muscles. This also relieves arthritis pains.
- Rub a drop of lavender oil onto the back of your neck to relieve backache and headache.
- Are you feeling tired during long car trips? Inhale rosemary oil to give you refreshment. This also increases the memory power. So inhale this oil occasionally while reading.
- Apply one drop of lemon oil directly to a wart daily. This works effectively to eliminate it.
- Blend the essential oils of lavender, rosemary, fennel, lemon, juniper and grapefruit in equal amounts. Add 10 drops of this mixture to bathing water to relive from hangover.
- Are you feeling restless due to lack of sleep? Here is a solution. Keep 3 drops of lavender oil or chamomile oil on your pillow. This causes restful sleep.
- Are you feeling your stomach upset? Take ½ glass of water and add a drop of peppermint oil. Sip it slowly to relive from stomach upset and indigestion.
Get the full list of medicinal uses here.
What over the counter medications are you going to ditch in favor of all-natural essential oil remedies?