Holy cow! Can eating insects help save the world? Food Adventurer Stefan Gates thinks so and talks about insect-eating benefits in his new documentary Can Eating Insects Save the World?
According to Gates the 5 reasons to eat insects are:
- There are no emotional strings attached
- Insects are very nutritious
- Insects as food offer a great variety of flavor and texture
- Sustainability–their capacity to endure is evident to any human being that has encountered them
- If we were willing to eat them, we could end world hunger
Hmmm. I just don’t know if I could do it. I like the idea of solving world hunger, but those guys don’t look very appetizing to me.
What do you think? Would you be willing to make the switch to insects?