5 Good Things About Coconut Oil
As Dr. Mercola points out coconut oil actually has a lot of health benefits. Here’s a list of 5 reasons to incorporate coconut oil into your diet.
1. 50% of its saturated fat content is lauric acid which your body converts into monolaurin. Monolaurin actually destroys lipid-coated (fat-coated) viruses and bacteria!
Monolaurin destroys lipid coated (fat coated) viruses and bacteria. This includes Herpes, Chlamydia, helicobacter pyloris, Epstein Barr, and influenza, just to name a few. There are many pathogens against which Monolaurin is effective. A significant pathogen that seems to be susceptible to Monolaurin is HIV. Within the past few years, a number of studies have been under way, studying the highly successful treatment of Monolaurin against the HIV.
There are economic and political reasons why this low cost, safe, and effective natural compound, derived from mother’s milk and coconut oil is not known to many. Suffice it to say that it is time to give credit back to coconut oil. (Source: Health King Enterprises & Balanceuticals Group)
2. It’s great for anyone who wants to boost their metabolism and decrease body weight.
3. Coconut oil supports healthy heart and thyroid function.
4. Because its anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal it provides great protection for your skin, and makes a great natural hand sanitizer. It’s also a good skin moisturizer, leaving skin feeling smooth and silky.
5. Because it has a higher smoke-point you can cook with it without worrying about the oil becoming dangerously oxidized.
Read Dr. Mercola’s full article here to get even more interesting information about coconut oil.